Sunday, February 22, 2009

Another Good Ski


Yesterday's ski up Hylite Canyon was so unexpectedly good that we decided to go back again today. It was a little warmer and we went a little further. In fact it was so warm that we had to take off our jackets! It was another great ski. Jimmy, Ronda, and Ben were along. We went through untracked snow for the last half mile or so. It is still amazing that the snow up here could be so good considering how poor the snow is down in Bozeman.

I have never been a fan of waxless skis, but I have to say. in these above freezing, backcountry situations they are great. I still prefer waxable skis and I don't think that will change, but these waxless skis performed better than I would have imagined.

Here is my workout file: Hylite Ski 2 (I forgot to turn it off on the way back the Bozeman I see.)

Tomorrow we travel to Tacoma, and we are back to having shoes only for our exercise, so I am not sure what we will be able to accomplish. Hopefully we wil find someplace fun to explore. Too bad there was no room for kayaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment