Sunday, February 8, 2009

The New Hartford Bonk


Today was bright, sunny and calm so I did a repeat of yesterday's ride around the New Hartford Hills. This was suppose to be an easy recovery ride, and mostly it was. Unfortunately being my usual less than well thought out self, I forgot to eat anything before I left, and I neglected to take any food along, soooo, about mile 24 as I was heading into New Hartford I was really bonking. Most of the town of New Hartford flooded this past summer, and while I suspect there never have been all that many Businesses in New Hartford, most of what there was is not open for business. I was afraid I was either going to have to crawl back into town on a calorie deficit, or beg for table scraps door to door in New Hartford. I was lucky. The New Hartford Diner had opened a few weeks ago, so 3 pancakes and a plate of hash browns later I was on my way, the bonk just a memory.

The ride back into to town was much more pleasant on account of the Diner. The ride was a little less than 36 miles. I am really enjoying these frozen gravel rides! (as long as the wind is not blowing and the temperature is in the mid 20's or above).

No comments:

Post a Comment