Saturday, February 7, 2009

Second 100k Gravel of the Year

Ok I have not had a blog before, and it is clear that I will be needing to be taking some photos or something or this is going to be one boring excuse for a blog! Anyway, today was my second 100K gravel ride of the year. It was a great day with temperatures in the upper 40's and a wind out of the west. Headed west out of Cedar Falls with John, Kat, Pete, Paul, Carey, and someone else I just met today--forgot his name :-( . The roads were firm and mostly clear. We did a loop around the New Hartford hills, somewhere on the way back, Paul and I lost track of the rest of the group, 38 miles, Paul went home and I stopped for lunch. After Lunch Kathy and I went out for about 24 more miles, it was quite a bit softer by mid afternoon, but the tail wind on the way home helped a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment