Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Day of Snow and Gravel


Got a late start Sunday afternoon, but still went a 63 miles, for metric century #3. Today was cool (28 F) and clear, with a little wind out of the NNW (about 10 mph). I headed out west from Cedar Falls on 12th Street, went through Aplington, around Parkersburg, through New Hartford and home. I added a little jog on the end to get the mileage above 62. It was nice to get out today. Mostly a level 2-3 ride, (I did slip into 5a for part of the time). I got home about the time that I should have had lights! Riding my cyclocross bike on gravel is becoming one of my favorite things. A few years ago nobody would have convinced me that I would be riding snow covered gravel roads in February and loving it!

I am still trying to figure out how to make these blogs about my rides anything but boring. This time I brought along a little video camera, I think I have to do a little thinking about how I attach it, but here is my first attempt:

No comments:

Post a Comment