Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My level 3 Is Not Their Level 3

I was thinking that today would be a good day for a ride but, lacking a certain motivation and no certainty of riding partners to spur me on, I found myself at Cup of Joe's dressed for work, not for a ride. John and Kat showed up at their usual time and said they would wait so I dashed back to my apartment and put on my bike clothes. (It sure takes longer to get dressed this time of year and those booties that go over your bike shoes, I do not think it is possible to put them on fast!) well I got back before they got too tired of waiting for me.

Their plan called for 2 30 minute zone 3 intervals. We headed toward Dunkerton. The first interval started at the NW corner of the Waterloo Airport and headed straight East. There was with a strong cross wind. After about 15 minutes it was clear that I could not keep the pace even riding Kat's wheel! When my heart rate started spending a considerable amount of time in upper zone 4 so I backed off and let them go. The second interval began just S of Dunkerton and went straight S into a strong head wind for 20 minutes before turning W. I was able to ride Kat's wheel and still keep my heart rate mostly in zone 3. Easy ride the rest of the way into Waterloo, a stop at Cottonwood Canyon for coffee, and an easy ride the rest of the way home! Great day.

I just figured out how to link to my training files so here it todays: Today's Ride

No comments:

Post a Comment