Friday, June 12, 2009

La Porte Friday

Today's ride was a nice 40 mile recovery ride. I met some new folks-- Jack and Liz, along with Dave and Kat we rode south and east of Waterloo on some great roads that were new to me. It was a great day and a great ride, apart from Davey being taken out by a motley pack of attach dogs a little west of La Porte.

There was a time, not so long ago when almost all of my ride time was like this-- fairly low intensity, wait for a warm day without much wind. This year has upped my intensity a bit, and that is great BUT--Today felt great! Friday's ride

Ok, I admit it, I am a little enthralled with all of the information that I can access from the Garmin 305 wrist GPS I usually have mounted on my handlebars. So I thought hmmmm-- I'll bet I can find the actual place and time where the dogs attached by looking at the data (I could). Then I thought hummm maybe I can get a better map maybe even a satelite photo of the location (I could). Maybe I have read too many spy novels in the past......

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm - perhaps this information can be used with the local authorities?? Super Sleuthing KayakScott. Davey is none the worse for the wear so far. Gave him some ice packs - the knee is stiff but good. He was glad to be wearing the helmet. Great to get you on to some new roads and new riders. Thanks for joining in.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those relaxed recovery rides are still some of the best.
    john

    ReplyDelete