Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Mysterious Case of the Foaming Shorts

Today was my first workout after the team time trial on Sunday-- I did have a couple of 3 mile power walks with my daughter, but I am not really counting them. Today's workout was 15, 30 second hill sprints which we did in the rain on the trails around Prairie Lake. There probably would have been too many people out and about on the trails to do intervals there if the weather was better, but today, apart from a few die hard fisher folk, we were the only ones around. I felt remarkably good today! Tuesday's interval workout data.

The strange thing about today was the way my bike shorts oozed foam! There are pictures of this phenomenon but I am not going to post them. John and Kat did seem to enjoy telling me that my hind end was dripping foam, and apparently, the harder I worked the more foam I produced. In retrospect I am thinking that the problem could be a faulty rinse cycle last night when I washed the shorts, but of course one cannot be completely sure...

2 comments:

  1. No picture - come on Scott it was a sight to behold. Good riding this morning - good preparation for our trip to Columbine and back.
    Thanks,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on Scott - you MUST post a picture. Otherwise I WILL!

    Thanks and Zone 4 for Wed. Intervals.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete