Monday, May 11, 2009

All Day Strength Training

Today was a day of roofing! There are several positives about roofing. First of all it really is a strength training exercise, there are 4 layers of shingles to be pried off the roof, and it is a balance exercise, doing all of this on a 45 degree angle 25 feet in the air. (I am wearing a roofer's harness)

But the biggest positive about roofing is it gives me an appreciation for how hard some people work. There have been more than a few who have said I am crazy to be doing this myself, but it is the craziness of how plenty of people work everyday.

1 comment:

  1. Very good point. I shouldn't complain about hauling shingles to the dumpster for a few hours when I could be doing it all day! Four layers of shingles really aren't that much fun to move though :)

    ReplyDelete