Saturday, May 23, 2009

My Mood is a Slave to the Weather

We had a whole day of outside, getting the backyard garden ready for Kaia's graduation party planned, and the weather, and the weather was not cooperating very well. It started out as a gloomy rainy day in Owatonna, and I had a mood to match, but by mid afternoon the weather and my mood had cleared up a bit, so we did get some of the yard work done and Kathy and I got a nice 30 miler in, in the evening.

Kathy was trying out a heart rate monitor so we spend part of the ride at a little higher intensity to start to get an idea where her HR zones might be. toward the end I started stopping to harvest road ditch asparagus, the other thing that I have a hard time passing up this time of year (a nice dead morel/elm tree would would be the other).


No comments:

Post a Comment