Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Great Weekend to Shingle--NOT

Well this would have been a great weekend to ride. The weather was great, the wind was calm, It could have been a great weekend for a nice long ride or two. Instead I focused on strength training and my quads are a little sore to show for it. Carrying those bundles of shingles up and down the ladder, and doing those isometric exercises on un-level surfaces while I ran the nail gun re-shingling the garage roof was my training this past weekend. Currently the shingle score stands: one garage re-roofed and one house to go. The house is bigger and is going to be a lot more exercise on account of the steep roof!

I did get a little time in on a metal lathe turning the cones I needed to complete the fixtures for the bike jig I am making. It is just about ready to go. I just have a a little more truing and aligning and then I should be able to attach the foam core on the jig.

Kaia came down to CF with me this week, and I convinced her to go for an easy ride with me. We went north of Blackhawk Park. She was a very good sport considering there still are a few places where the water has not gone down enough to cross on dry land.

1 comment:

  1. The best day of shingling is the day you watch the folks you hired to put down the shingles.
    Good riding today. You are certainly getting stronger on the hills.
    John

    ReplyDelete