Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Windy Wednesday

Today was WINDY! but the good thing about Cedar Falls, is that the bike trails next to the river are pretty much out of the wind. I did the today's interval workout on the roads in George Wyth Park, that was pretty much out of the wind too. Anyway, the workout was a pyramid interval at Maximum intensity 10 seconds on 10 off, increases by 10 seconds up to 1 minute on with a minute of rest and back down. It sure felt like Maximum effort, but my heart rate was not anywhere near max. I am thinking that even with the 1 minute interval my heart did not have time to catch up to the effort:

Wednesday"s Pyramid Intervals

I the frame building front, I am starting to layup the carbon fiber with some 4.7 oz. unidirectional CF cloth. I started with some of the trickier odd shaped places like the bottom bracket area, and the junction of the top tube and down tube. It took me 4 pieces of CF and quite a bit of experimenting with a paper patterns to get the Bottom Bracket area covered. I might have a little too much overlap, but I think a little extra material down near the cranks will be a good thing!

I am getting pretty good at poking holes in electrical tape to let the excess resin out when I wrap the CF to compress it. I am thinking I should order a case of electrical tape because I am going to use a lot of it!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice. What happens to the foam - doesn't look like it can be reused?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No it cannot be reused. The core is a one shot thing, this foam is polystyrene so it can be dissolved out with acetone, but I may just leave it in,it weights about 3 ozs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missed you at the workouts this week- good to see you mixing it up with the group rides and interval work. The Mtb plan starts next week - interval work during the week - some two-a-days and longer rides on the week-ends. Come on out -
    Have a great Memorial Day week-end - going to race any?

    Kat

    ReplyDelete