Saturday, April 4, 2009

Before the Snow Falls


I had a couple of good rides so far this weekend. Friday evening was calm and cool, Kathy and I went for a 20 miler with some of the Owatonna usuals. Well they really are some of the new usuals. The funny thing about groups that you have ridden with for a long time is that they have a way of changing both members and personalities. This is a fine group of folks to ride with, but it is different.

There are people I can't keep up with at the moment, I used to have to go out of town for that honor (I never have been all that fast, so I never had to go very far out of town) but now..... I can just show up for one of the rides in Owatonna, and have to push zone 5 just to hang on someone's wheel. And there are people who I don't see on bicycles much anymore-- well I guess that is the way of it.

Saturday's ride felt like we were sneaking in ahead of the storm. There were 11 people out for this first shop ride of the season. It was a nice ride but the clouds off to the west were building and the temperature was dropping, and there was a distinct feeling of snow in the air. After the ride I came down to Cedar Falls a day early to get ahead of the predicted snow. From the sounds of it I maybe should have put the ski box back on the car-- I hope the weather wizards are wrong about the snow


Friday and Saturday's ride details:
Friday's ride
Saturday's ride

No comments:

Post a Comment