Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Tempo, Sprintervals, and Recovery

Wednesday brought a nice tempo ride with John and Kat. John led the way into a moderate head wind, Kat was on his wheel and I was on her's. We moved in an out of the draft to get the right wind resistance to keep our heart rates in zone 3. When we turned and headed back in with the wind I dropped behind-- surprise! my level 3 is not John and Kat's level 3. It was a good ride!

Thursday was 4 sets of Joe Friel's sprintervals-- 3 x 15 second max effort sprints followed by a 3 minute max effort interval. These felt pretty good today. I still feel like my endurance is lagging behind my strength. Great day to ride, nice to see the sun!

Friday was a nice recover ride with Kathy. I tried to keep my effort in zone 2. There was a pretty strong wind out of the NNE. It was a lot easier coming home than it was going out!

Routes and Data:

Wednesday's Tempo ride
Thursday's Sprintervals
Friday's Recovery Ride

No comments:

Post a Comment