Sunday, April 19, 2009

Wow Look at That Vintage Jersey


Kathy thought it would be a great idea if I came home on Thursday night to ride with the Owatonna, group and do a little yard work on Friday. I had an all day meeting on Saturday, and It looked like it was going to be a great day, and she was willing to take it off from work.

I my usual haste to make get out of Cedar Falls, I forgot to bring along a jersey. So far this year it has been cold enough that I was wearing a fleece top under my jacket-- well Thursday night and Friday were way too nice to wear fleece so I really had to dig to the bottom of the drawer to come up with this long retired jersey.

I used to think that it was really out of style-- now I am thinking wow look at that vintage jersey from those days when helmets were styrofoam with lycra covers, and I was not as old and fat as I am now. As it turns out Kathy had just cleaned out her desk at work and found this photo, it is from the Chequamegon 40 in 1990 I think: Ben is 26 now and Linnea 24, but low and behold I was just as bald then as I am now.

This was a pretty intense week of training for me sprintervals in the cemetery with John and Kat on Thursday morning. A fast 20 miles on the wheels of Todd and Dave on Thursday night (so fast that I dropped off after 20 miles and rode in by myself :-) Friday was a nice recovery ride with Kathy, and a beautiful day.


Workout links:
Thursday Morning
Thursday Evening
Friday Afternoon

1 comment:

  1. haha I like how in your "now" picture, your arm is kind of camouflaging the rest of you so you don't get the full effect. ANY way, moving on, I feel quite special to be included in your highly read blog :)

    ReplyDelete