Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Easy Week of Training

This is a recovery week in my training plan so I just did an easy 20 miler today on my cross bike. I did pretty much the same thing yesterday. It felt good to just go out and ride easy in the sunshine (and the wind on Monday).

I am starting to carve the foam core for the MTB frame. I couple of things that I am re-learning. Styrofoam is easy to find but not so easy to carve and fair. I am using 2" Dow Blue Board for this attempt, and it is working though not quite as well as I would like. I just ordered some 1" polyurethane foam sheets, from Aircraft Spruce for attempt #2. For now, I have a styrofoam core cut and I am in to delicate process of fairing it. It looks like having a foam core is going to add about weigh 4 ounces extra unless I decide to dissolve it out when I am done. It is going to take some creative thinking to get the eccentric chain and seat stays into position before they are laminated.

Chain Stay blocks attached.
Styrofoam core carved, fairing begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment