Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wow the Weather is Getting Nice


The weather has been getting nice! I think this is my favorite time of year, cool but not cold, warm but not hot. I have been getting some good rides in the last few days!

Saturday was the largest group ride I have seen in Owatonna since the mid 80's. I counted 18! we headed South of town to Hope and then west to 218 and back into Town for about 30 miles. It was a nice ride a little intensity as Tom and I chased leaders on the way out, then I rode with Kathy on the way back into town. Saturday's route and data.

Rain Monday kept me off the road, Tuesday was hill intervals, and I followed my friends John and Kat as they worked on cornering for their up coming citeriums. We did about 40 short 20 second hill repeats in this workout. I am remembering the first time I rode with John and Kat, it was last year, on the same hills, I think I went around about 3 or 4 times and decided I had enough.... Tuesday's Workout

Today was a tempo workout. It was suppose to be 30-40 minutes in zone 3. For me it was more like zone 4. John and Kat are certainly in great shape! With the extra intensity, I was able to stay on Kat's wheel for the whole 40 minutes. The last time we dd this workout I fell so far off the back that I did not even see them when they got back to town :-) Wednesday's Workout

No comments:

Post a Comment